Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin and Chocolate Cake Recipe

Dear friend,

As I don't want my letters to be all about my stories (I, too, can be too much some time) I will be sending you some recipes, articles, and photos from time to time. Here is one of my favorites:

Pumpkin and Chocolate Cake recipe

 I like to make this recipe for Halloween, but I will be honest and tell you that whenever we go to a party/get together and I have to bring dessert I make this at it is so easy, and too... everybody loves it.

what you will need:

 4 eggs

2 cups sugar

3 cups flour

2 cups pumpkin (one can of the pumpkin pie filling equals 2 cups)

1 cup oil

12 oz pkg of chocolate chips

1 cups nuts (optional)

2 tsps. baking powder

2 tsps baking soda

1/2 tsps salt

1 tsp cinnamon

 Cream eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. I will let my most desired wedding present--his majesty the Kitchen Aid--do this job. Make sure they're really light, and really fluffy.

 Mix in all the ingredients. I like to put the chocolate chips and the nuts at the end. Pour batter into ungreased bundt or 10 inch tube pan. 

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Do the toothpick (spaghetti) test...I told you it was easy!!

No comments: