Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Candy

Last night while talking about all the Halloween candy that was left and how we should have a center where it could be donated for some kids in Africa somewhere, I thought about my childhood when there wasn't much candy that you could buy (maybe 2,3 kinds) and how at some point some foreigners had given us some milky way, bounty and snickers that tasted absolutely fantastic! I remember that after we ate the candy we "preserved" the wrappers in some of my dad's big books and we would go smell them once in a while to remember the taste. How bitterly sweet is that? Also, we used to exchange wrappers as kids just as we used to exchange stamps or soccer player cards or toys. Years later looking through some of my dad's books I found the wrappers... they must have been at least 10 years old, but they smelled just as sweet!

No comments: